Check out the latest in bespoke automotive luxury...................

Friday 19 August 2011

Classic Vans

I read an interesting thread yesterday on the Piston Heads web site about classic vans which got me thinking about what were my favorite classic British vans.
I started remembering the old Post Office and British Telecom vans which opened a can of worms, What are the iconic British vans ?
Austin, Bedford, Commer, Morris, Ford to name a few.
I started googling and came across loads of different blogs and sites on classic British vans and then spent hours looking through them.
This site did an excellent job of covering them all from 1940 to the end of the 1960's.
http://www.oldclassicvans.co.uk 
I also came across this very interesting blog which covered just about everything to do with trucks and vans. The link below takes you to the vintage and classic vans category but trust me there is hours of reading there so enjoy.
http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/vintage-and-classic-vans/

No comments:

Post a Comment